POLICY REGARDING WOOD SUPPLIES
Mindful of the fragility of the forest sustainability, invaluable source of its sphere of activity, the direction of Masonite International Corporation, Megantic Manufacturing division is working hard to mitigate the adverse effects of forestry operations on the environment. She makes a point to combine with the certification program chain of custody Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) of the development of rigorous practices that contribute to sound forest management provide for renewal of raw material.
She agrees to purchase only raw material (logs and veneer) from controlled sources and ensure the exclusion of supply :
- Illegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products;
- Violation of traditionnal and human rights in forestry operations;
- Destruction of high conservation values in forestery operations;
- Significant conversion of forests to plantations or non forest-use;
- Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations;
- Violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
Respect of the environment is integral to our business philosophy.